The application process for this role has now closed. Please visit the Celestion website for similar career opportunities.
KEF AUDIO is acknowledged world wide as a leading manufacturer of high quality loudspeakers. With emphasis on technical excellence and innovation, the company provides leading edge products to the hi-fi and home theatre markets as well as the emerging new media segment.
Founded in 1961, the company enjoys a reputation for engineering excellence and is one of the few in the field to develop and manufacture all of its own technology, filing many patents and presenting many papers over the years. Sharing its own pure Research facility with its sister company, Celestion International, which has a strong reputation as a leader in the field of OEM drive units for guitar and PA, allows KEF to benefit from advanced tools and technologies that are the envy of rivals around the world.
Senior Acoustic & Transducer Engineer
Maidstone Kent, UK
Development of loudspeaker systems, transducers and headphones. Research on related topics
• Deep understanding of loudspeaker and headphone design
• Proven track record of designing loudspeaker and/or headphones
• Passionate about sound quality and skilled in critical listening
• Methodical and scientific approach to any technical problem
• Ability to innovate and bring new ideas into products
• Fluent in computer modelling and acoustic measurement
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• FEA and CAD basic skills
• B.Sc. in an appropriate technical discipline, Electro-Acoustical, Acoustical Engineering or Physics
• M.Sc. or Ph.D. preferred
• Experience with project management and far-east vendors/manufacturing
• Non-linear modelling and analysis
• Knowledge of advanced materials
• MATLAB & programming ability
• Active musician
• 5+ years of direct product development experience
• Experience with formal listening experiments
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org